Saturday, February 6, 2010

Our First Saturday

Really when I say I can't believe that we've been open for a week, I quite literally mean I can't believe it. The buzz throughout the town is growing and I'm so excited about how stoked people are. My heart melted a bit after reading the review we got from Puck on yelp.com.

There is just so much to be done and I have so many ideas (some of my own, some contributed by Oly Piroshki fans). I can't wait for tomorrow, when I can sit down with a notebook and a cup of coffee and get to making a plan of action to make those ideas a reality. From spring menus to making up dessert pastries to interior decorations and so, so much more.

For today, we'll focus in on the cooking. Out of the kitchen shall come magical delights. Back by popular demand we have green apple pear compote for a tasty beverage. Also, people really enjoyed the yam cilantro piroshki, so those will make another appearance throughout the day. We will also have our most popular beef onion, potato maple bacon, potato onion, and beef cheddar piroshki. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The huge treat though will be the soup, which is a split pea with Stewart Meats hog legs. Absolutely amazing. You can really taste the local.

So grab a friend and come on by.