Thursday, February 25, 2010

Nom, nom, cabbage soup

Meat and potatoes...cabbage and love and...the soup is served! Smoked brisket with cabbage and potatoes soup to be specific.

Piroshki? Yes there are piroshki too.

You want 'em and we've got 'em:

Cabbage Maple Bacon
Potato Onion
Potato Maple Bacon
Beef Onion

We also have a batch of apple marmalade pastries for those who can't get enough of those.

Plus, a tasty apple kompot to drink all the Russian goodness down into your tummy where the potatoes and the onions and the apples form a union and radiate out as a snug warmness that may just remind you of being curled up in a mass of blankets as a child. (which if you have stopped doing should start back up again, it's fantastic!)

On a side note, I enjoy looking up the word of the day on dictionary.com when my neurons fire in just the right way to remind me to do so. Today's word happens to be gregarious- seeking and enjoying the company of the others. Which I find to be quite perfect because that's exactly how I'm feeling today. So come keep me company as we cook up some delicious food.